Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favorite pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors to be spilled by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that: Rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track the accuracy of rumors in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back which you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the day:
- With Vince McMahon focused on selling WWE, Nick Khan is currently making the final call on other decisions at the company, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
Fightful Select says WWE filmed something featuring John Cena and Austin Theory when the former came in for the December 30 SmackDown show, but it’s unclear what it would be used for.
- On the PWTorch VIP podcast, Wade Keller said that while Mercedes Moné isn’t “CM Punk level or unpopular” with WWE, “she has her critics, and the details I’ve been given indicate she’s earned it.” He brought this up while saying he wasn’t surprised that the former Sasha Banks apparently didn’t agree to a return to WWE or for an AEW debut.
- According to PW Insider, Doudrop is expected to return around WWE’s time royal rumble. She will be on the Raw Brand.
- Bill Simmons said on his podcast that he is still working on the Vince McMahon documentary series for Netflix that was announced years ago.
- Cody Rhodes eyed Carmelo Hayes and Joe Gacy to help train him in preparation for his return to the ring in WWE, says Fightful.
If you’ve heard of any interesting rumors you’d like to add, drop them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact so please take them as such. And check out our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be true.